Comparison of All the Different Types of Pet Caskets
Pets are such an integral part of our lives.
They give us their unconditional love, companionship and affection without asking for too much in return.
- When they die, they leave behind a void that is hard to fill. This is perhaps the hardest part of pet ownership.
- They gave you their life, the least you can do is give them a decent burial. Pet caskets are your way of thanking them with their amazing company.
- However, you about choosing the perfect casket for your pet, do you know what size to choose? What type to opt for?
- These are some common questions pet owners ask when they are looking for that perfect casket to bury their beloved pets.
- To give them a proper burial can help the grieving pet owners get some closure, knowing that their pets have been sent off with dignity and respect.
Thankfully, one can choose from variety of options, budget and style.
Here are a few to help you get introduced to the pet caskets.
High-Impact Polystyrene Caskets
These durable polystyrene caskets are made of fine quality plastic and is available in many styles as well as designs. The non-deteriorating material used in their making ensures that it is waterproof and restricts water from seeping in.
The sealant used also inhibits the air from entering inside the casket. Due to its affordability, long life and the number of options available, these caskets are a very popular choice for the burial of pets.
You can ask for special kind of padding if you want or get any other customization to suit your needs.
Wooden caskets are a tad more expensive than the polystyrene variant.
These caskets for your pets are available in costly wood like cherry or maple.
Wood caskets offer an elegant choice to the pet owners who do not mind spending some extra cash to give their pets a luxurious goodbye.
Wooden caskets are also the kind that people normally associate with burial and thus make more sense even for your pets.
If you are convinced that you want to give your dead dog or cat a wooden resting place then pine wood can make a beautiful pet casket without burning holes in your pocket.
Even if you use the most reasonable wood, wooden caskets still are priced on a higher side so be prepared because it will cost more.
The prices generally vary depending upon the wood that you finally choose. Cherry and Mahogany are the most expensive woods for casket.
Sea grass caskets are the eco-friendly coffins that are made from dried grass and are known for its incredible strength and long life.
The pet casket made of sea grass is available in all kinds of shapes, sizes and designs. They are suitable for small animals like rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs etc or even the bigger ones like cats and dogs.
These caskets are perfect for green cremations and burials as it is fully biodegradable.