The Best Grave Pet Marker for Your Beloved One
The bond between you and your pet is something that only those that feel the same way can understand.
- The loss of a pet can turn your world upside down with sorrow and grief. There will be many decisions that you have to make while you are in this emotional state including whether to have a pet cremation or burial.
- If you choose a cat or dog funeral, you will want to ensure that your pet memorial does honor to the love and devotion of your furred family member.
- Selecting the best grave marker can be a way to offer a bit of solace to all and to remember your beloved one forever.
- They say that time heals the wounds of grief, but in reality, it simply allows you to live with your loss without breaking down every day.
- A pet grave marker to honor your pet can bring you and your family the ability to deal with and handle the various feelings of grief.
Just as with the human members that we have lost, a grave can be a place that you can visit, remember and even express your love to them. It can be an iconic location that reminds you of the wonderful memories and the life that you shared with them.
Selecting a grave marker that stands the test of time is the highest priority.
It’s important to remember that the best materials are those that nature provide for longevity and granite is the one that can retain the engraved information for the longest duration.
Many people choose to also have an image engraved. This is a personal decision but one that can be a blessing to you as time passes.
Shape and size are also a consideration. You can select a diamond-shape that is similar to those that we use on human graves, a standard square or even heart-shaped.
This will be their final resting place and one that you will want to be close to and feel that it is a personal moment for visitation. The grave marker should be personalized to fit your beloved pet and is a very special tribute to them.
If you are having your pet memorial in a pet cemetery, it’s important to check with them to see if there are any rules or guidelines that they have. This is important to do before you order your grave marker.
You will also want to confirm the various details, responsibility in care for the grave area and if there are any services or fees.
These vary based on how the cemetery is operated, but many offer the same types of care services as we find in our human cemeteries.
Taking a moment from your emotional journey in the loss of your pet to choose the grave marker that is best for them is something that you will need to do but will be a decision that you and your family will be thankful for as time goes by.
It is a true method of demonstrating the love of your pet and selecting a marker that lasts is of the highest importance.
Leave a comment